Sunday, October 5, 2014

Autumn Leaves


Autumn leaves are falling. Outside and in my sewing room.  I love these leaves.  I am note sure what I will do with them all.  I have considered something similar to the ones below but I am not sure yet.  I will keep you posted.


These leaves are pretty easy to make.  Each square in the 9 patches is 3 inches.  For the stems I start with a 3.5 square and slice it diagonally.  Then for the HST's (half square triangles, I sew two 3.5's together, back ground and leaf color- sewn diagonally on either side of a center seam.  Cut and square up to 3 inches. The stem size is 1 3/4 by 4.5 inches.

TA wall hanging.


 Fluttering Leaves Large Friday Free Quilt Patterns   Fluttering Leaves Lap Quilt PatternFrom McCalls- Fluttering Leaves by Bonnie Spencer.

And from Sentimental Quilter-

No comments: