Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Hand Lotion

My hands are VERY dry.  Cracking at the finger nail corners, white and dry, calloused, sand paper fingers.  My kids and husband have told me at one time or another not to touch them with my fingers because they were like sand paper (true story).  No matter how much lotion I would put on, they would stay exactly like they were all winter long.

Then I started using Vaseline and it changed my hands.  They were miraculously mended.  But alas, I read how bad Vaseline is and stopped using it.  Now, I found this.  All natural, made by me so I know exactly what is in it and it works perfectly.  I wont tell you it is not greasy though.  Because it is, but it works like a charm.

I will tell you this stuff is kind of greasy.  It is not the kind of lotion you put on repeatedly through the day and hope to be able to touch things without leaving a greasy mark.  This is the kind of lotion you rub on your hands before bed. Or before you spend the day in your mittens playing outside in the snow.

Lovely Healing Hand Lotion

1/4  cup almond oil or olive oil
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup beeswax (melted)
1 teaspoon Vitamin Oil
2 tablespoons shea butter
drops of essential oil, such as orange, lavender, rosemary

Melt bees wax in a pan.  Remove from heat and add the remainder of ingredients.  Beat together with a whisk or a mixer. Make sure everything is incorporated before stopping. Let cool a little, beat again. Let cool completely, beat again.  Pour into jars and enjoy!

No comments: